Sunday, 13 July 2014

Surfers paradise

This week we stayed in the heart of Surfers paradise. We used our "credits" in time share that we have, so in fact we payed no cash for the accomadation. 
On the first day, we decided to chill. We had a swim in the pool, which was a beach pool, sand into the entrance of the pool. After getting quiet chilly, we decided the best place to be would be the spa. I got quiet wrinkley in the spa, as I did"nt want to leave the warmth! 
Over the next few days, we went to the cinema"s. We went Gold class, where you can lay back in your own chair. The waiters bring what ever you order, throughout the movie. We seen how to train a dragon 2. It was great! The next day, we went to the top of Q1, up to the sky tower lookout. It was breathtakingly beautiful up there. For me it was bitter sweet. Josh contracted on that building. He scheduled all the locks, fire doors, and door furniture on the whole building. We we're suppose to go up together and see the lookout. We would have got in for free, because all the contractors had a life membership, which meant, any day or night they are entitled to go up to the bar, or restaurant, or just even to the lookout. Of course, we never got the chance to do this before Josh died. And, I did"nt dare tell the door man, that took all the tickets, "oh, by the way my first husband worked on this building" it's too difficult to explain. While I was up there, I could see the high rise where Josh and I spent our honeymoon, just over 15 years ago. It was at The Legends Hotel. I got teary. It was a hard moment, I had a little cry to mourn the future that we never got to have.
We went down after a little while and went straight to Ripleys believe it or not. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and the kids loved it! I really enjoyed it too. There is really something for everyone. Interesting facts and figures I could have stayed longer and read everything, but my kids are impatient. 
We went and had lunch at Pancakes in Paradise. The kids really enjoyed lunch, as we sat under a
 balloon, that was meant to be like a hot air balloon. 
The next day we took it easy, we went down to the beach for a swim, and then headed into Australia Fair too see Dawn of the planet of the apes. I was"nt thrilled to see it. But I actually really enjoyed it!
The next day was Friday, my friend was getting married. I really wanted to go to the ceremony, but my family didn't want to go, 2 teenagers, and a 9 year old are really not into weddings,We would'nt leave them by themselves, so Tim could"nt come.I  would have to drive 2.5 hours to Coolum, for a 20 minute ceremony, and then 2.5 hours back. As much as it hurt, I had to give it a miss, as it just was"nt practical.
If I had of been invited to the reception, I would have made different arrangements, I would"nt have missed it. But a 5 hour return trip I was not up too.(I have been suffering migraines again)Instead, my wonderful husband organised for us all to go whale watching.

It was a beautiful day, and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Taj got sea sick, quiet badly! Poor poppet.
on Saturday,mew enjoyed time in the pool and spa and beach. We all wanted to make the most of the glorious weather! I actually got sun burnt.. Oops, Zee and Gabe came to visit Saturday night. I did"nt get any photo"s doh! We went to Alfresco"s in Surfers.. The food was delicious! I has a carbonara, and Tim and Zee had the gnocchi which was all very very good! The kids all had something different, pizza, spaghetti, chicken fettacinni and gnocchi .. the food was divine! 
Thanks for your company Zee. It was a lovey way to end our holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment