Wednesday 15 February 2012

Blast From the past Roxette and 1927

On Tuesday night, a group of friends met Tim and myself at the Entertainment centre in Brisbane. We were awaiting to see Roxette and there opening band 1927.. anyone who has to ask who they are are too young to read this blog!!

Trying to find friends amongst thousands of people is'nt fun, but we managed! We missed a few 1927 songs {tim reckons he never heard of them, and that there music wasn't played in New Zealand} silly kiwi's, you don't know what you missed out on.. We heard all the most popular songs," Compulsory Hero" "That's when I think of you" and lastly my all time favourite song of 1927  "If I could" was there last song they sang. Erik Weideman the lead singer was fantastic, he hit all the right notes~~ I was transported back to my teenage years, as they strummed their guitars and harmonised their voices. I can rave all day about them.

After intermission, as we were waiting,  the crowd decided to do the Mexican wave.. It was so incredibly funny.. we were like excited three year old when it came around to our turn..we sort of squealed like baby pigs, as I say we were ALL  very excited!

Roxette were awesome. They sang all there hits, and a few songs I had never heard of, but it didn't matter. The swedes definitely know how to entertain, and they certainly can sing! "Listen to your heart" was belted out as well as "Fading like a flower" and "Dangerous" When they sang "joyride" the audience song most of the song..
Roxette did'nt just do one oncore, it was more like 3! The last song was " Nah nah nah nah nah nah, She's got the look!"

Great night with great friends, and a concert to remember!








s came on, everyone knew the words..

No comments:

Post a Comment