Wednesday 22 February 2012

My little Ray of Sunshine

Larni means "princess" in Indian.


My baby girl Larni Shay, is  beautiful inside and out. She is a very talented artist, singer and she also is learning two musical instruments.
Larni aged 6

When Larni started preschool, she was just 4. She could write all the alphabet and started to read early. Larni could also count to 100, all the normal things you want a child of that age to be able to do before they start grade 1. I was worried about her going to school as she was so Tiny! That and she had just turned 5 two weeks before. Her teacher, Mrs B, assured me academically Larni was very ready for school. Which looking back was true. Although, my fears came to fruition when a big kid fell on Larni in the first week of school and broke her collarbone!

This week Larni has come home from school everyday and has been crying. She is 10 now and in grade 6. The curriculim this year has changed so dramically. The school work is HARD!
and my poor lil one is not coping. I have decided to take Larni out of school, to homeschool her and let her repeat grade 5. Which is the grade I believe she should be in.


Beautiful happy Larni



My baby girl needs to start smiling again, and not worry too much about life at the moment. Her grades do matter to me but her happiness and state of mind are much more important!

No comments:

Post a Comment