Wednesday 18 April 2012

Easter Break Part 2

On Friday, Tim finally came and joined us. We had been apart 2 nights, the longest we;ve been seperated since we got married 6 months before. To feel his big strong arms around me was just what I needed. The night before was tough, bumping into Josh's family, and also revisiting the Hall where we got married. I needed Tim's support, his hugs and kisses we're missed greatly!


So, with my husband by my side, we went in to listen to some music, and mostly we just looked at the markets. We all enjoyed spending some quality time together. It was beautiful weather. We were very fortunate as it almost always rains over the Easter weekend.

Over the next few days, we worked out who we wanted to see, and what time they were playing. There were 5 different tents all set up with bands playing from 12pm, to 12 am.  The highlights we listened to was Ziggy Marley (Bob Marley;s son) real reggae mon! He was excellent. I really enjoyed his performance. Another highlight, was some home grown talent Josh Pyke,( although, as a mum of small children I did'nt appreciate his swearing) and Richard Clapton. Blue King Brown were amazing absolutely AMAZING! Real talented drummers, and leader singer, just took everyone to a happy place. That's why I love music, it invokes such happiness. I was left stunned and in awe of their talent. If you have never heard of this band google them, youtube them, download there music. Pure talent!
And then there was one more.. John.


John Butler was the one act I wanted to see, from Start to finish. And I got my wish! I love his music. I loved his performance. I love JOHN BUTLER! That is all!

I really enjoyed our time away. To spend time with my kids, with no T.V. no computer games, some arguing, but no bedtimes. We had lots of fun together, I am without a doubt always going to be UNO queen, I am UNBEATABLE!  Poor Taj, he would throw a wobbly everytime he lost a round of cards. I missed Tim so much, especially trying to set up that dreaded tent! I came to realize how much we have become a team. When he is not by my side, I felt like a single mum again. And I take my hat off to single mums, but I sucked at that job. I am grateful, that I again have a loving husband to walk through the twists and turns of life.!
 I loved spending time with my dear friends. We shared drinks, we shared stories, we shared laughter, we shared our love of music, and we shared an experience that none of us will forget!
Until next year x

No comments:

Post a Comment